(1) No license is required for any person engaged exclusively in the business of selling commodities or services which are exempt from taxation under this Code.
(2) Persons exempt from the provisions of this Article are employees of a licensee, minors, churches or established religious organizations, nonprofit organizations, charitable organizations, hospitals, governments and any persons exempt under federal or state law.
(3) The exchange for use of a short term rental unit for the use of any other structure not in Telluride is exempt from the provisions of this Article except that if any such “exchange” includes the transfer of money, consideration, or any other thing of value other than the use of the structure. Exchange stays sold through non-profits for the purpose of fundraising are exempt from the provisions of this Article.
(4) No license is required for any person responding to a Town of Telluride Request for Proposal/Qualification/Bid until a contract has been executed.
(5) No additional license is required for current license holders vending at a temporary location under the auspices of any special event, including festivals. (Prior code 5.04.050; Ord. 1288, 2008; Ord. 1342, 2010; Ord. 1387, 2013)