(a) Purposes and policies. The underlying purposes and policies of this Article are:
(1) To simplify, clarify and standardize the law governing procurement by the Town;
(2) To provide for increased public confidence in the policies and procedures followed by Town employees engaged in the procurement of goods and services for the Town;
(3) To ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all persons who interact within the procurement system of the Town;
(4) To provide increased economy in Town procurement activities and to maximize to the fullest extent practicable the purchasing value of public funds of the Town;
(5) To provide safeguards for the maintenance of a procurement system of quality and integrity; and
(6) To contract with qualified local contractors when economically feasible.
(b) Interpretation. This Article shall be construed and applied to promote its underlying purposes and policies. (Prior code 17.01.010)